- Brainspotting (eye position, deep emotional release therapy)
- Somatic Processing (deep emotional release therapy)
- Bilateral Stimulation (alternating soothing sounds between opposite sides of the brain to enhance access to deep, emotionally laden experience and memory)
- Convergence Therapy (eye movement therapy to induce calm states)
See the detailed descriptions under the tab at the top of this page. Read more...
Collaborative Couple’s Therapy
One therapist works with one partner while a second therapist works with the second partner. The therapists consult with each other after each meeting (with your consent) to guide therapy toward coordinated goals for each individual partner and for the relationship. Couple’s therapy is then provided when both partners are ready. A similar process is helpful for mother/daughter, father/son or other dyads within a family or organization.
Traditional Talk Therapies
Cedar Creek Counseling can help you using a variety
of traditional therapies, including:
- Psychodynamic (resolution of original family issues)
- Interpersonal (relationship development therapy)
- Traditional Couples Therapy (one expert therapist, one couple)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (resolving emotional pain and conflict)
- Cognitive (thought oriented therapy)
- Behavioral (behavior oriented therapy)
- Motivational (addictions oriented therapy)
We evaluate complex presenting situations for ages 4-17 involving:
- Behavior problems
- Peer relationships
- Depression, anxiety, anger
- Adjusting to divorce, trauma, loss, and more
- Developmental: Sleep issues, potty training and more.
Therapies are uniquely tailored and include individual therapeutic strategies, interventions to strengthen parent-child relations, provision of parental support and others. We use art, play, family, motivational, cognitive, behavioral therapies.
- Accelerate your own natural healing process.
- Make peace with your past.
- Utilize your subconscious resources for daily life
- Focus your intent to accelerate successful change.
- Free your mind from limiting ideas.
- Restorative relaxation, stress relief, pain management
Hypnotherapy gently guides the client through subconsciously held beliefs so that they can be modified, deleted or replaced. You can then begin to utilize your energy for achieving personal success and greater health, and for rediscovering the joy of life.
Body Integration / Massage
A strong and deep relationship exists between your mind and body. While our Psychologists and Psychotherapists work with you to improve and enhance your psychological, social, emotional and spiritual health, our Integrative Body Healing therapist works directly with the body. The collective goal of our practicioners is to provide a more unified sense of wholeness.
Our Integrative Body Healing therapist is currently completing her training and is offering her services FREE OF CHARGE as she further develops her skills. Cedar Creek Counseling charges only a small administrative fee for this service. This is an excellent and rare opportuntity to experience Integrative Body Healing at a very low cost.
“Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” –
John Gottman, Ph.D.
“Getting the Love You Want” – Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
“True Refuge” – Tara Brach, Ph.D.
“Learned Optimism” – Martin Seligman, Ph.D.
Location & Service Area
1/4 mile north of the Marcus Theatre in Mequon, Wisconsin.
Serving Ozaukee, Milwaukee, Waukesha Counties and the North Shore: Mequon, Cedarburg, Grafton, Port Washington, River Hills, Fox Point, Bayside, Glendale, Brown Deer, Whitefish Bay, Shorewood.